Amador College Connect provides an open access computer lab, equipped with desktop computers with high-speed wireless connection (WI-FI) for student use in the lab. Students may also bring in their own computer to access the WI-FI connections. Students must present a current proof of enrollment in Shasta College, Coastline Community College, Foothill College, or Allan Hancock Community Colleges‘ Distance Education Programs to use this facility.
Students can login by using their “my college” account specific to their college account.
All files are deleted from the computer when the user logs off. Students must bring their own storage device to save their work.
Students have the ability to print from the laptop computers in the computer lab. Currently there is no charge for printing but students are asked to keep the amount of copies printed to a minimum.
Amador College Connect Computer Use Policies:
- Please no eating or drinking in the Computer Lab.
- Any student requesting use of a computer will be required to “check out” the device and accepts all responsibility for the return of the device in usable condition substantially similar to that in which it was originally borrowed.
- Computers are the sole property of the Amador College Connect and are not allowed to leave the premises.
- Computers and are provided for the sole purpose of student participation in course work and other activities directly related to the distance education program in which they are enrolled. Amador College Connect devices are not to be used for any internet access not directly related to class work, or for social media networking, personal e-mail use, texting, or any other use deemed inappropriate by Amador College Connect onsite personnel.
- The determination of inappropriate use is at the sole discretion of Amador College Connect and its assigned personnel, and will result in the cancellation of use and retrieval of the device immediately.
These policies also apply to student-owned laptops/tablets when using those devices at Amador College Connect.